Action 1: Go to a state assembly representative's or a state senator's Town Hall or Listening Session.
Visit with Representative Dan Knodl on March 16. Although you can and should bring up the issues you care most about, several citizens are planning to raise questions about the legislature's plan to redraw the electoral district maps. A federal court has ruled our current district maps unconstitutional and is requiring that fair new maps be drawn by November 1 so that they will be in place for the 2018 elections. We're asking that Rep. Knodl
- Vote to stop spending unlimited amounts of taxpayer money trying to defend the unconstitutional maps;
- Draw new maps now, using a fair, inclusive and open process;
- Pass pending legislation to assign the job of drawing future maps to the nonpartisan Legislative Reference Bureau.
Rep. Knodl is meeting voters at three locations:
- Glendale City Hall, Council Chambers (5909 N Milwaukee River Pkwy, Glendale), 1:00 - 2:00 pm
- Dolan Community Center in Brown Deer (4355 W. Bradley Road, Brown Deer), 2:45 - 3:45 pm
- Germantown Village Hall Board Room (N112W17001 Mequon Rd, Germantown), 4:30 - 5:30 pm
Sign up to attend so we can send you background information and talking points.
Action 2: Participate in WISDOM's Madison Day of Action.
Activists from across the state will be joining with MICAH and other affiliates of WISDOM in Wisconsin in a day of networking and lobbying our legislators. WISDOM organizations will be focusing on issues of justice and the proposed budget but we will also be lobbying legislators to
- stop wasting taxpayer dollars to defend unconstitutional electoral maps;
- draw new and fair districts NOW, as the trial court in Whitford v Gill has mandated;
- support pending legislation to make Wisconsin's redistricting process nonpartisan.
Once you have signed up with WISDOM, please RSVP with us also so we can provide you with fact sheets and talking points before you go to Madison.
Action 3: Lend a hand to help Grassroots North Shore have a greater impact.
Every organization needs volunteers to contribute their special skills. Take the survey to tell us about yours and help our organization be even more effective.