In Wisconsin, 2020 will bring FOUR regularly scheduled elections and TWO special elections (a primary and a general election for US Representative in the 7th Congressional District). It will be an incredibly important and incredibly busy year for Grassroots North Shore. And, we hope, for all of our supporters.
Here's what's coming up:
- Primary for the Partisan Fall election, August 11
- General Partisan Election, November 3
Grassroots North Shore will provide information on early (in-person absentee) voting for each community in the North Shore and Ozaukee County. You can check your own registration and see a sample ballot for each election at myvote.wi.gov.
In these uncertain times, we encourage everyone to request an absentee ballot so you can vote safely and securely from home. All registered voters can request an absentee ballot at myvote.wi.gov. You can find an illustrated, step-by-step guide to using a smart phone to make your request here. Although you can request an absentee ballot as late as August 7 for the primary and October 29 for the general election, it's best to complete the process much earlier to avoid last minute problems.
This section of the site provides:
- Endorsements of candidates running for state or federal office who are unopposed within the Democratic party and therefore are not facing a primary in August;
- Statements from candidates for state or federal office who are competing in the August primary;
- Contact information and early voting days and times for our North Shore and Ozaukee County communities.