Does your vote count in Wisconsin? Maybe not.
Wisconsin’s voting maps are so skewed to benefit one political party that a federal court ordered lawmakers to redraw the maps. But instead of complying, certain lawmakers are spending TAXPAYER MONEY—with NO cap on expenditures—to defend the unconstitutional maps.
Our voting maps are so bad, we're on John Oliver's Last Week Tonight!
What can you DO?! Come find out in this town hall meeting. Experts will fill us in on gerrymandering (unfair voting maps) and share specific actions we can take to stop it. Bring friends!
• Learn why our state’s controversial voting maps made it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court from Sachin Chheda of Fair Elections Project.
• Find out how State Senator Dave Hansen (D-Green Bay) is fighting for impartial voting maps that give every voter an equal say.
• Hear from former State Senator Dan Theno (R-Ashland) of Fair Elections Project about the dangers of our current voting maps.
• Find out how unfair election maps and other changes to voting laws impact the voting power of communities of color from Shauntay Nelson of Wisconsin Voices.
• Learn easy steps you can take to demand Fair Voting Maps for Wisconsin! Plus, ask these experts questions in the Q&A session.
RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mkecrowd/events/
Sponsored by the Citizen Action Organizing Cooperative of Greater Milwaukee, Grassroots North Shore, Fair Elections Project and OFA WI.